Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pineapple blends deliciously with Red Curry Base and the scallops. This is delicious served over cooked basmati or jasmine rice, with creamed spinach or string beans with shallots.
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (use A taste of Thai)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 14 ounces light coconut milk (use Taste of Thai)
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (use Taste of Thai)
- 16 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 lbs sea scallops or 2 lbs bay scallops
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine red curry paste with coconut milk.
- Simmer until an oil forms on surface.
- Stir in fish sauce, sugar, lemon juice and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add scallops and pineapple.
- Simmer until scallops are cooked, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot over cooked jasmine or basmati rice, and creamed spinach or string beans with shallots.