Recipe by Buster's friend
Fragrant & mildly spicy - balanced by the sweet potato & rich from coconut milk. Wonderful with both orange & yellow sweet potatoes. Adapted gratefully from A Taste of Thai.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 28 ounces coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Thai basil
- 4 large sweet potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat peanut oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Add garlic and Red Curry Paste. Cook until fragrant & bubbly, about 30 seconds.
- Add onions and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add Coconut Milk, sugar, salt and allspice. Bring to a boil.
- Add sweet potatoes. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer until potatoes are just tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in fresh basil.
- Preheat broiler.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove potatoes from pan to an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over top.
- Broil until bubbly.
- Serve hot.