1/2 Photos of Red Curry Pork With Apple
The Flying Chef's Note:
This again is quite a quick dish to throw together, another one that can be on the table in about 35-45 Min's with a yummy end result. You can serve this dish over rice, as My hubby and I are watching our carb intake at the moment I served ours over bean sprouts. The flavours in this dish all compliment each other really well and the addition of the apple just gives it that something different. I just used a prepared red curry paste with this, not only for time purposes, but also for ease of making, feel free to use homemade, I would have, if I had had some already made up in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml peanut oil
- 800 g pork fillets, sliced thinly
- 73.94 ml red curry paste, adjust to your taste (I used Thai kitchen brand)
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 9.85 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 50 ml water
- 4.92 ml chicken stock, granuels
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced thinly
- 9.85 ml lime juice
- 4.92 ml fish sauce
- 400 g baby bok choy, trimmed and chopped (your choice I love this veg so I added it.)
- 118.29 ml Thai basil, chopped coarsely
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large wok or pan, add pork, cook in batches until browned all over, add additional oil as needed, set pork to one side. I find you use about 2 tablespoons to cook the pork and that leaves 1 tablespoon for the onion.
- 2Heat remaining oil in same cleaned pan, cook onion, paste, garlic and ginger, stirring until onion softens.
- 3Add coconut milk, cream, water and stock, bring to the boil, reduce heat, simmer, uncovered 5 Min's.
- 4Return pork to pan, add lime juice and fish sauce, stir to combine, add apples, simmer, covered, about 10 Min's, until apples soften and pork is cooked through.
- 5About 5 Min's before the end add bok choy.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- 7Serve over rice or bean sprouts for lower carb version.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Curry Pork With Apple
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 793.8
- Calories from Fat 407
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 28.6 g
- Cholesterol 126.0 mg
- Sodium 321.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 43.7 g
- Protein 46.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste