Recipe by HeatherN
This recipe is from the Feb 2008 issue of Food and Wine magazine. I made it without the mung bean sprouts (store didn't have any) and thought it was delicious. They recommend serving with a light bodied, berry inflected rose, such as a 2006 M. Chapoutier Cotes-du-Rhone Belleruche Rose. (sounds good to me...)
- 3⁄4 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, plus
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, packed
- kosher salt
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts (2 1/2 ounces)
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, quartered and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1⁄3 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- lime wedge, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until al dente. Drain the spaghetti and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain very well.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the peanut butter with the lime juice, red curry paste, stock and 1/4 cup of the cilantro leaves and puree. Season the sauce with salt.
- In a large bowl, toss the spaghetti with the peanut sauce, bean sprouts, scallions and carrot until well coated. Season with salt. Transfer to bowls and sprinkle with remaining cilantro leaves and the peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.