Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe is from the cooking blog Recipe Shoebox.
- 5 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 32 frozen mini fully cooked homestyle meatballs
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, halved and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- bean sprouts, chow mein noodles, chopped fresh basil, green onions
- Cook noodles according to package directions (discard seasoning packets or save for another use).
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven or saucepan, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Spoon 1/2 cup cream from top of coconut milk and place in pan. Add the curry paste, curry powder, and turmeric; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in meatballs, broth, zucchini, carrot, cabbage, soy sauce, and remaining coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until carrot is tender and meatballs are heated through.
- Drain noodles; stir into soup. Garnish with bean sprouts, chow mein noodles, basil, and onions if desired.