Tired of zucchini done Italian or French style? Try this one, based on the curries of northern India.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs courgettes (zucchini)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped (cilantro)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1Trim the ends from the courgettes and cut into 1/2-in. slices.
- 2Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Fry the mustard seeds until they start to splutter (about 2 minutes).
- 3Add the onion and garlic, and fry for about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the chili powder, ground coriander, cumin, ground turmeric and salt, and continue to fry for about 3 minutes.
- 5Add the courgette slices and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- 6Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and water to the frying pan and simmer until the sauce thickens (about 10 minutes).
- 7Stir in the fresh (or dried) coriander and garam masala, then cook for another 5 minutes, or until the courgettes are tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Curry Courgettes (Zucchini)
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.6
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 560.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g