Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I really enjoy spicy foods, especially Thai so whenever I come across a recipe (especially one that's easy to prepare!), I give it a whirl. I'm a big fan of Basmati and Jasmine rice so I tend to use them in most of my Asian cooking. I found this little gem in our local newspaper which gives the recipe source as www.riceinfo.com.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced, or, 1 19 oz can of pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 cups long grain white rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced (optional for garnish)
- Whisk together coconut milk and curry paste in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add pork; season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 - 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Stir in pineapple; cook until heated.
- Add rice and coconut milk mixture, stir until well combined and heated through.
- Add basil and serve immediately.
- Garnish with pepper slices, if desired.