Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I spend most days craving some form of curry and since soup is my favorite thing I developed a soup that answered my curry craving and cooks up super fast for a dinner in about 30 minutes! This recipe is highly adaptable to whatever vegetables or meat you have on hand! Add rice or noodles to make it more filling.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans light coconut milk (shaken)
- 26 ounces chicken stock
- 3 -5 tablespoons red curry paste (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons fish oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- sriracha hot chili sauce
- cilantro, chopped
- Thai chile
- rice or rice noodles
- Heat Olive oil in soup pot, add onions and cook until translucent, add garlic and red curry paste, sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Add Chicken Stock, Coconut Milk, red bell pepper, zucchini, cilantro and season with fish oil, lime juice, honey, red pepper flake, & Salt & Pepper. Bring to boil.
- Add Chicken, bring back up to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes remove chicken and shred, then return to soup, let it simmer for another 5 minutes then serve!
Wow, was this good. So many complex flavors blending together to create a superb dish. We really enjoyed this flavorful exotic soup. It had a lovely curry oil topping that blended into the soup giving it a little bite. The prevalent flavor was the fish sauce. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I would make again. Made for Spring Pac 2014.