Recipe by equine_woman
I spend most days craving some form of curry and since soup is my favorite thing I developed a soup that answered my curry craving and cooks up super fast for a dinner in about 30 minutes! This recipe is highly adaptable to whatever vegetables or meat you have on hand! Add rice or noodles to make it more filling.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, was this good. So many complex flavors blending together to create a superb dish. We really enjoyed this flavorful exotic soup. It had a lovely curry oil topping that blended into the soup giving it a little bite. The prevalent flavor was the fish sauce. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I would make again. Made for Spring Pac 2014.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans light coconut milk (shaken)
- 26 ounces chicken stock
- 3 -5 tablespoons red curry paste (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons fish oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- sriracha hot chili sauce
- cilantro, chopped
- Thai chile
- rice or rice noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat Olive oil in soup pot, add onions and cook until translucent, add garlic and red curry paste, sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Add Chicken Stock, Coconut Milk, red bell pepper, zucchini, cilantro and season with fish oil, lime juice, honey, red pepper flake, & Salt & Pepper. Bring to boil.
- Add Chicken, bring back up to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes remove chicken and shred, then return to soup, let it simmer for another 5 minutes then serve!