I picked lots of fresh red currants and then wondered what to do with them! I found this on tasteofhome.com but made some slight alterations. I can't stand orange peel so used a few drops of orange flower water instead. I also used self raising flour but, as they didn't rise a huge amount, I suggest you stick to plain flour and baking powder!
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add both eggs and orange peel, or flower water and beat well.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into the creamed mixture and lightly blend.
- Fold in the red currants.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before placing on wire rack.
- Dust with confectioners' (icing) sugar once completely cooled.