1/1 Photo of Red Currant Cookies
1 hr 10 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
From Oetker Baking is Fun. Use other jams than red currant if you wish. The number of cookies you end up with will depend on how thick or thin the dough is rolled out. In Switzerland these cookies would be called Spitzbuben
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 f.
- 2Grease a baking sheet.
- 3Sift flour onto a pastry board and make a well in the centre.
- 4Add sugar, vanilla sugar and egg yolks to well.
- 5Mix a small amount of flour into the ingredients in the well to make a thick paste.
- 6Cut cold butter into small pieces over the flour mixture.
- 7Working quickly and starting from the centre, work all the ingredients together to make a smooth dough.
- 8Chill dough for 1/2 hour.
- 9Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a 3mm (1/8 ") thickness.
- 10Cut into 5 cm (2 ") rounds.
- 11Cut 3 small holes using a floured thimble, in half of the cut out rounds, or use a smaller cookie cutter to cut a hole in the centre (you can use linzer cookie cutters if you have them).
- 12Place on prepared baking and bake on middle rack of oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 13Cool cookies.
- 14Spread jam on the solid rounds and cover with the cut out rounds.
- 15Dust with the icing sugar while the cookies are still warm (easiest way is to dip cut out cookie into icing sugar before placing on top of jam layer.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Currant Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.3
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 48.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red currant jam