Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
From "The Best Slowcooker Cookbook Ever"
- 3⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 scallions, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 lbs country-style pork ribs, drained of fat
- In a small bowl, mix toether the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, honey, garlic, allspice, orange zest and hot pepper.
- Place 1/3 of the scallions and water chestnut slices in a 3 and 1/2 quart electric slow cooker.
- top with some of the ribs and spoon some of the sauce on the meat.
- Repeat these layers 2 more times, ending with the remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on the low heat setting 9-10 hours or until the ribs are tender.