Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 large chicken, washed and dried (about 3 lbs)
- 2 scallions, cut into 2 in. length
- 2 tablespoons ginger, shredded
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons black soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Stuff ginger and scallions inside chicken.
- Sew up cavity with thread.
- Blend all other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken cover and simmer for 40 minutes, turn chicken frequently.
- Carve into slices and pour gravy over.