Recipe by chia
lovely red color, perfect for autumn, from bon appetit
Top Review by justcallmejulie
I tagged this recipe in Zaar tag, then resisted it because I didn't want to grate the beets - and decorate my sink... (I love beets BTW)...then I was at the store and saw freshly grated beets in the salad bar! I went right home with my perfectly grated fresh beets in the little tinfoil box and finally made this yummy salad. I'm making it again for an upcoming party! It was very good!
- 1 cup grated fresh beet, peeled
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- whisk 4 tbsp oil, vinegar and horseradish together in a large bowl.
- add onion and beets, toss to blend.
- in a saute pan heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil.
- add cabbage and toss until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- add to beet mixture, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- let it stand 15 minutes stirring occasionally for flavors to blend.