Easy! Quick to Make! Delicious! What more could you ask for in a dish? This could be a light main dish, or a side. You can leave out the chicken, add more or different veggies, make it spicier, or less spicy. Make it your own!
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips (boneless, skinless)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste (Thai curry paste)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) package rice noodles
- 1 yellow onion, halved and sliced
- 2 red peppers, cored and sliced thinly
- 1 cup broccoli, slaw or 1 cup thinly sliced matchstick carrot
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, scoop the cream off the top of each can of coconut and put it in the pot. The cream will be used as the “fat” instead of oil or butter. Along with the cream, add the curry paste and ginger. Let this simmer, stirring constantly, for about one minute.
- Add the chicken and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes. Add the coconut milk, sweet Thai chili sauce, cilantro, and chicken broth. Bring this to a simmer.
- Add the red pepper, broccoli slaw and/or carrots and noodles and salt. Simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent the noodles from sticking to the bottom, for about 5-8 minutes. The noodles will thicken and plump up as they absorb the liquid. The mixture will be slightly soupy when the noodles are finished cooking.
- Take the pot off the heat and let the noodles sit for about 5 minutes. The mixture will continue to thicken. Garnish with more cilantro, if desired.