Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have not yet tried this, but it is from an overdue library book (From Our Mothers' Kitchens) and I want to return the book tomorrow, so need to get the recipes I want to try copied down, pronto. I have always liked a white clam sauce, but this sounds like a great variation.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup minced celery
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 (5 ounce) cans baby clams, drained and chopped
- 3 cups tomato-based pasta sauce (homemade or your favourite from a jar)
- In a heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and cook garlic, celery, green pepper and onion, stirring often, until tender; this will take about 10 minutes.
- Stir in clams and tomato sauce, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, for only a few minutes, just to let flavours blend.
- Serve over hot pasta; linguine is recommended.