Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This pizza remains dairy-free until it hits the table, where you can decide to add Parmesan--or not. Not "fishy" tasting, plus the clams were delicious and not rubbery! My 9 year-old loves this pizza! For the sake of brevity, I'm not including a crust recipe--just use your favorite one. We enjoyed it with a New York Style crust. Adapted from a recipe in American Pie by Peter Reinhart.
- 12 inches pizza crusts (unbaked)
- 3⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1 (5 ounce) can baby clams, drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- Spread pizza sauce over the surface of the crust, leaving a 1/4 inch border.
- Sprinkle with garlic slices and capers.
- Spoon clams evenly over top.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake according to the directions for your chosen crust.
- Pass cheese at table for those who prefer it.