Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I remember when mom use to make this when we were kids. Somethings she would use green food coloring.
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon oil (make sure it's oil)
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- Combine sugar, syrup and water.
- Boil to hard-crack stage.
- Remove from heat, and add cinnamon oil and food coloring.
- Mix well, then pour onto a lightly greased 9x13 cookie sheet.
- While this is cooling, mark pieces with a spatula.
- When cool, break into bite-sized pieces.