1/4 Photos of Red Chili Biscuits
These are very nice with just a hit of heat from the chili powder. They are soft and tender inside with a crisp crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup chilled buttermilk (may need to add more, enough to moisten batter)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, for brushing tops
- 1Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder baking soda, salt and chili powder together.
- 2Cut in the chilled butter until it looks like fine meal.
- 3Add cheese and buttermilk. (You may need a little extra buttermilk to reach the moistened stage).
- 4Mix until flour is moistened.
- 5Place mixture on a floured surface, knead lightly, about 15 turns.
- 6Roll out to 3/4 inch thick.
- 7Cut with 3 1/2 in cutter (Or use whatever size you want).
- 8Gather up scrapes and roll into ball and roll out again to 3/4 inch thick and cut additional biscuits. Continue until all the dough is used.
- 9Put biscuits onto a greased pan.
- 10Brush the tops with butter.
- 11Bake at 400 degrees F for about 25 minutes.
Nutritional Facts for Red Chili Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.6
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 584.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 8.0 g