Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Excellent over grilled pork or beef
Make and share this Red Chile Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 New Mexico red chilies, lightly toasted
- 2 guajillo chilies, lightly toasted
- 1 ancho chili, lightly toasted
- 6 -8 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic, and cook until soft. Add the chiles and stock, and bring to a simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chiles are soft. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Strain the mixture into a saute pan that has been set on high heat for a few minutes, and cook the sauce until slightly thick. Remove from the heat and stir in the creme fraiche and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.