Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Full of flavour, this recipe is so easy to make. The mix of herbs and spice is delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lime, juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 9 ounces long grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut in wedges to garnish
- Mix together the olive oil, lime juice, cayenne pepper and paprika and marinate the chicken breasts for 2-6 hours.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion and green pepper. Add the rice and mix well, then stir in the water or chicken stock and simmer for 10 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken in a non-stick frying pan or on a ridged grill pan for 15–20 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the parsley and cilantro to the rice and serve with the chicken and lime wedges to squeeze over.