1 hr 30 mins
I love chicken chili and this one is a little different. Adapted from Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 cup chili, 1 T. cheese, and 1 T. sour cream. 280 calories, 9.2 g fat, 26.6 g carb, 5.4 g fiber, 54 mg cholesterol
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 709.77 ml chopped onions
- 59.14 ml chili powder
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 3.69 ml salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 709.77 ml chicken stock
- 453.59 g can kidney beans, drained
- 411.06 g can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 709.77 ml diced cooked chicken
- 118.29 ml shredded extra-sharp low-fat cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml low-fat sour cream
- 1Add the oil to a large pot; heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add in onion; stir/saute 5 minutes.
- 3Add chili powder and the next 4 incredients; stir/saute for 30 seconds.
- 4Add in the chicken stock, beans, and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- 5Lower heat to medium-low; simmer for 30 minutes.
- 6Add in the chicken; stir to mix; simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Ladle chili into individual soup bowls; top with cheese and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.3
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 49.4 mg
- Sodium 648.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 22.2 g