1/2 Photos of Red Cherry Pie
My recipe published by Southern Living. I found it about 30 years ago in a LHJ flyer on award winning recipes from country fairs. It's my favorite cherry pie recipe,and cherry pie's my favorite pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain Cherries, reserving 1 cup juice; set cherries aside.
- 2Combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan; stir mixture to remove lumps.
- 3Stir cherry juice into sugar mixture.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.
- 5Remove from heat; stir in cherries, 1/2 cup sugar, butter, and almond extract.
- 6Stir in food coloring, if desired.
- 7Line a 9" pieplate with half of pastry.
- 8Pour cherry mixture into the pastry shell.
- 9Cover with top crust.
- 10Trim edges of pastry; seal and crimp edges.
- 11Cut slits in top of crust for steam to escape.
- 12Bake at 425° for 45-55 minutes or until golden.
- 13Yield: one 9" pie.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Cherry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1534 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2853.6
- Calories from Fat 856
- Total Fat 95.1 g
- Saturated Fat 34.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 1780.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 493.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 330.2 g
- Protein 18.3 g