Recipe by Bertha C.
I forget where I got this recipe, but my family has enjoyed it for years. It's a fun and different way to prepare a cake mix.
Top Review by Gingerbear
This recipe deserves 10 stars. This was so good. We loved it. The crust was a little sticky after adding the egg but I oiled my fingers before pressing to the bottome of the dish. This turned out so good I cannot quit eating it. We will definitly be making this one again. Thank you for a wonderful recipe.
- 1 package pillsbury plus white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 deg.
- Grease 13x9" pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, 1 cup of the rolled oats and 6 T of the margarine; mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cupcrumbs for topping.
- To remaining crumbs, add 1 egg; mix until well blended.
- Press into greased pan.
- Pour cherry pie filling over crust; spread to cover.
- To reserved crumbs in large bowl, add remaining 1/4 cup rolled oats and 2 T margarine, nuts and brown sugar; mix well.
- Sprinkle over cherry filling.
- Bake at 350 deg for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- If desired, serve with whipped cream.