Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this because I was bored with regular baked spaghetti. This sounds very simple and plain but the sauce and Velveeta cheese tastes wonderful together. Yummy stick to your ribs comfort food! :)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add spaghetti to the boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking cut the Velveeta cheese into chunks.
- Drain the noodles and pour them back into the pot you cooked them inches.
- Add spaghetti sauce and cheese chunks to the noodles, stirring well to incorporate.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- Cook in 375°F oven for 10 minutes, remove and stir.
- Return to oven and cook 5-10 minutes longer, until hot and bubbly.
This is an easy, basic recipe. I mixed it as written first, but it looked a little too dry for our tastes so I doubled the sauce and cheese. This would be really easy to enhance with whatever you like. I would put in browned ground beef and onions for my crew. :)
I cooked this as written. It was good. I used a jar of Ragu sauce that was onion and garlic. I cut up the velveeta in small chunks also, about 6ozs. It was all that I had. Do not add sauce to the spaghetti noodles and let it set on the counter until the oven is preheated. The sauce will soak into the noodles too much and not mix with the cheese as it should.I was called away, and there wasn't as much sauce for the cheese to flavor. In other words, a little on the dry side and not as juicy as it should have been. My fault but I am saying it because this is a good recipe and it is saucy. Just don't wait until you pop in the oven. Thanks for posting.