Cauliflower the Mexican way, a very pretty dish and delicious too. evolved from Mexican the healthy way.
- Chop the onion very finely and place in a bowl.
- With a zester peel away the zest of the lime in thin strips.
- Add to the chopped onion.
- Cut the lime in half and add the juice from both halves to the onions and lime zest mixture.
- Set aside so that the lime juice can soften the onion.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Tip the tomatoes into a pan and add the peppers (or chillies) and sugar.
- Heat gently.
- Meanwhile, place the cauliflower in a pan of boiling water and cook gently for 5 to 8 minutes until tender crisp.
- Add the onions to the tomato salsa and salt to taste, stir in and heat through, then spoon about a third of the salsa into a serving dish.
- Arrange the drained cauliflower florets on top of the salsa and spoon the remaining salsa on top.
- Sprinkle with the feta, which should soften a little on contact.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with chopped fresh flat leaved parsley.