Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I played around with a recipe from another site and came up with this..... This recipe will impress upon your most outstanding guests. Add a nice Merlot or a crisp Reisling and enjoy an accompaniment that is most APPEALING!!! Can be used with Bruschetta Burgers as well....very good!!!
- 1 French baguette
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon green onion
- mozzarella cheese
- Combine the diced tomatoes, parmesan cheese, olive oil, minced garlic, seasoning salt (small amount to taste) I used approximately 1/8 tsp of seasoning salt, balsamic vinegar, basil,oregano, green onion.
- Heat oven to 350 and gently warm sliced pieces of baguette for approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove baquette from oven and place prepared mixture on slices and top with shredded mozarella cheese. Return to oven for approximately 5 minutes or until warm and mozzarella is melted.
- Roll out the Red carpet and enjoy!
Really great combination of flavors. I only made 6 so cut the recipe back accoringly. The reason I took off 1 star was because the amount of moisture in the tomato mix seemed excessive. I thought it would make the bread soggy so I drained it off. I had the tomato mixture marinating for 2 hours ahead of time, at room temperature, so the total flavor was well encorporated.. The recipe did not specify dry basil and I happened to have some fresh so used 1 tbsp. I did not preheat the bread but baked it for 10 minutes with the topping then broiled it for 5 minutes. I used Havarti Light cheese MMmmm Dekicious appetizer. Will be making these again.
This makes a great bruschetta. For a different taste, try using Feta cheese instead, it won't melt so you can add it before or after you heat the mixture on the bread in the oven. You can also toast the bread in a skillet after brushing the slices with olive oil, then placing the mixture on top, either heating it in the oven or just leaving it cold, in this case the Feta cheese works really well as you don't need to melt it.
This was quick, easy and tasty. I can see how the bruschetta mix would taste great on a burger!