just like you used to have at the county fair!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, butter, vinegar, boiling water and red food coloring in large heavy pan.
- 2Heat over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 3Increase heat to medium high, boil, without stirring for 10 minutes.or until mixture reaches 300* on candy thermometer.
- 4Remove from heat, let sit until bubbles subside.
- 5Pierce apples with sticks, dip into mixture, swirl to coat, dip into ice water to harden candy coating.
- 6Place on lightly buttered pan until set.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Candy Apples
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.3
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 132.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 94.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g