- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 10 granny smith apples
- 10 lollipop sticks
- ice water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, butter, vinegar, boiling water and red food coloring in large heavy pan.
- Heat over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to medium high, boil, without stirring for 10 minutes.or until mixture reaches 300* on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat, let sit until bubbles subside.
- Pierce apples with sticks, dip into mixture, swirl to coat, dip into ice water to harden candy coating.
- Place on lightly buttered pan until set.