Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
just like you used to have at the county fair!
Make and share this Red Candy Apples recipe from Food.com.
- Combine sugar, butter, vinegar, boiling water and red food coloring in large heavy pan.
- Heat over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to medium high, boil, without stirring for 10 minutes.or until mixture reaches 300* on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat, let sit until bubbles subside.
- Pierce apples with sticks, dip into mixture, swirl to coat, dip into ice water to harden candy coating.
- Place on lightly buttered pan until set.