Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy and tasty. Red cabbage made with an apple and cider or juice. Naturally somewhat sweet.
Make and share this Red Cabbage With Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- Remove core from the cabbage and shred.
- Peel and core apple and cut into cubes.
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium and add the apples and cook until lightly browned.
- Increase the heat to high and add the cabbage, salt, caraway and cider.
- Toss lightly to wet the cabbage.
- Once the liquid starts to bubble cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.
Unfortunately, I didn't have caraway seed, but I had everything else. Quick, easy, simple supper when served with brown rice!