- 1⁄2 head red cabbage
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove core from the cabbage and shred.
- Peel and core apple and cut into cubes.
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium and add the apples and cook until lightly browned.
- Increase the heat to high and add the cabbage, salt, caraway and cider.
- Toss lightly to wet the cabbage.
- Once the liquid starts to bubble cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.