Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this in Taste of Home magazine and I think the combination sounds so good I wanted to save it. They recommended serving with Sauerbraten, but I'm thinking it'd go great with pork chops. Haven't tried it yet, but it's going to be on my Fall menu plan soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- 2Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- 3In drippings, saute onion and apple until tender.
- 4Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce ehat; cover and simmer fo r30 minutes or until tender.
- 7Stir in reserved bacon.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Cabbage With Apple and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.9
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 267.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar