1/2 Photos of Red Cabbage with Apple
Sue Lau's Note:
Goes great with pan-fried or grilled pork chops. Some potato pancakes would be a nice accompaniment, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim outer leaves from cabbage; cut into fourths and remove the inner core; slice cabbage thinly.
- 2Add enough water to cover bottom of large saucepan or dutch oven by about 1 inch; cover and bring to a boil.
- 3Add cabbage; cover and return to a boil; then lower heat and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally until cabbage is tender, about 30 minutes.
- 4Add apples to kettle and cook 10 minutes more.
- 5Drain excess liquid from pan, if any.
- 6Stir in vinegar, butter, brown sugar, and pepper.
- 7Mix until well blended and serve.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Cabbage with Apple
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.1
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 46.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: