Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sweet and tangy cabbage, apples and onions cooked in grape jelly and butter! This is a very unique combination, and very good! Enjoy!
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 0.5 (18 ounce) jar grape jelly
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 large granny smith apples (cored and sliced 1/4, thick, *thicker if you like your apples to be more crisp) or 1 large any good baking apple (cored and sliced 1/4, thick, *thicker if you like your apples to be more crisp)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place cabbage in colander in sink. Boil about 2 quarts water, pour half over cabbage, drain well, pour rest over and drain completely.
- In large skillet, melt butter. Add cabbage, onions and apples. Stir in grape jelly and salt; cover and simmer to desired tenderness.
- I only cook mine for 10 minutes. I like this as is, but you can sweeten this further with a little sugar to taste *if desired.
I scaled this down for 1 and had it for dinner tonight. I didn't have grape jelly so used cherry. A nice mix of flavors with the onion, apple and jelly. Thanks Kelly! Made for ZWT4.