Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From an ad for Brie cheese in a cooking magazine. I don't want to lose it.
- 1 small red cabbage, outer leaves removed, cored, thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 3 ounces brie cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3⁄4 lb bacon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 -3 cups croutons
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble.
- Mix mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and pour over cabbage, tossing well in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with the bacon.
- Let sit 10 minutes.
- Serve with croutons and brie cubes on top.