1/3 Photos of Red Cabbage Slaw
1 hr 15 mins
Jane from Ohio's Note:
I made this for a cook out. It was very good and tangy. The cabbage was crisp. It even stayed nice and crisp two days later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Discarded,the outside tough layer of ribs and leaves of the purple cabbage.
- 2Quarter the cabbage and cut out the core.
- 3Shred the purple cabbage leaves.
- 4Combine cabbage,carrots and onions in a large bowl.
- 5Douse the vegetables with malt vinegar.
- 6season with salt and let sit for 1 hour, this will soften the cabbage and make it seemed almost cooked but still with a great texture.
- 7Stir in the mayonnaise and mustard.
- 8Taste for seasonings.
- 9The final outcome should be a creamy and tart slaw.
- 10Serve cold or at room temperature.
- 11Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Cabbage Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.1
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 534.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: