Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this for a cook out. It was very good and tangy. The cabbage was crisp. It even stayed nice and crisp two days later.
- Discarded,the outside tough layer of ribs and leaves of the purple cabbage.
- Quarter the cabbage and cut out the core.
- Shred the purple cabbage leaves.
- Combine cabbage,carrots and onions in a large bowl.
- Douse the vegetables with malt vinegar.
- season with salt and let sit for 1 hour, this will soften the cabbage and make it seemed almost cooked but still with a great texture.
- Stir in the mayonnaise and mustard.
- Taste for seasonings.
- The final outcome should be a creamy and tart slaw.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.