Recipe by DailyInspiration
A recipe from the "With Love From Darling's Kitchen"cookbook. The author says that this salad can be served either hot or cold and is a good accompaniment to roast pork dishes.
- 1 medium head red cabbage, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- salt (to taste)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, place cabbage, apple juice, and salt. Simmer mixture for 15 minutes. Add the apples and raisins and continue simmering until cabbage and apples are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir together the vinegar, honey and oil until blended. Pour dressing over the cabbage and simmer mixture for 2 minutes or until heated through. Refrigerate until serving time. Serve warm or cold.