Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicately seasoned sweet and sour red cabbage dish that will compliment a German meal with Roladen and potato dumplings
- Fry onion and bacon in large pot until bacon is a bit crispy.
- Add red cabbage, apples, and bay leaves.
- Add aprx 3 tbsp sugar.
- Simmer for aprx.
- 2-3 hours on low heat stirring often.
- When the cabbage is fully cooked in about 3 hours, add the vinegar or lemon juice when pot is off the burner.
- This dish will double in flavour if served the next day.