- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar or 2 -4 tablespoons apple jelly
- 1 -2 whole clove
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon flour or 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, add apple and onion, cook until soft.
- Add cabbage, stir to blend.
- Add vinegar, sugar, cloves and wine.
- Cook, covered, until cabbage is tender, about 12 minutes.
- Thicken the sauce with flour, first adding a little water with the flour.
- Simmer until sauce is smooth.