Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 5 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄4 cups thinly sliced granny smith apples
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Combine cabbage and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients (vinegar through pepper), stirring with a whisk; drizzle over cabbage mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and chill 2 hours. Add apple, and toss well to combine. Sprinkle with pecans.
A nice fall salad that is best served fresh while the apple and cabbage still have lots of crunch. I added extra toasted pecans and used 1/2 the amount of sugar in the dressing. The dressing was a little strong, I might cut back on it next time or use part olive oil for some of the vinegar. Thank you. [Made for the Think Pink Recipe Tag event]
I followed the recipe exactly except I cut it in half. It's delicious!! I love the crunch from the pecans and every now and then a bite of the apple. Will make this often!!
Very good. A nice crunchy texture with the crisp apples, and a little bit of chewiness with the cranberries. I didn't have a Granny Smith and had to use a sweeter apple, so cut he amount of sugar down. Also subbed toasted walnuts for the pecans.