This is a very colorful cabbage salad with a nice and tangy light dressing. Recipe is easy to half. From Meal Lean i Yumm!
- 8 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1 medium cabbage)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (I always add 1 tbsp)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (if you don't have balsamic, red or white wine vinegar will do)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute or 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- In a microwavable bowl combine oil, vinegar, and sugar; Microwave uncovered for about 45 seconds to dissolve sugar - NOTE if you are using splenda omit this step.
- Pour hot dressing over vegetables; mix well.
- Refrigerate to blend flavours.
- Leftovers will keep a couple days in the fridge.