Recipe by crazycookinmama
Very tasty side dish. Comes from "Selected Health Recipes From The Saturday Evening Post Family Cookbook". Copyright 1984.
- 6 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon corn oil margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large apple
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred the cabbage and put it in a large bowl of cold water for 5 minutes.
- Heat the margarine in a deep 2 or 3 quart casserole for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in the onion an microwave for 1 minute.
- Core the apple and cut it into eighths without peeling.
- Add the apple and the drained cabbage (with whatever water clings to it) to the casserole.
- Add the vinegar, honey, caraway and pepper and stir well.
- Cover and microwave 7 minutes, stirring twice during the process.