Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add apples and sauté until tender, for about 4 minutes.
- Add cabbage and sauté until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add caraway seeds and stir 1 minute.
- Add broth, wine vinegar and honey.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a dollop of sour cream on top of bowls.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
I really liked this soup - red cabbage is not my favorite but I had received some in my CSA box. I could only give it 4 stars because I think I'm the only one at my house that did like it. I served it with country wheat bread, cheddar and salami slices, salad of shredded red leaf and cucumbers - YUM!! Thanks!
This was an interesting and tasty sour soup--it almost tasted like a sauerkraut soup. It was very easy to put together.