Recipe by Geema
I love blue cheese; and this dressing doesn't have the rich mayonnaise to make me feel guilty about eating it. A very pretty salad.
Top Review by Ms B.
I took great liberties with this salad because I don't have the red cabbage named in the title. I subbed green cabbage that I had on hand, and to perk up the colors, used finely diced red onion instead of the green. I love bleu cheese, and the dressing for this salad really does showcase that flavor. I paired it with Recipe #85489 for an easy dinner. I have posted a photo, but I am sure that with the proper red cabbage, the salad would be very striking.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed
- 1⁄4 head red cabbage
- 1 large green onion, minced
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the romaine into thin ribbons.
- Slice the red cabbage as thin as you can.
- Toss together in a salad bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients, except blue cheese, in a bowl, until well combined.
- Fold in the cheese.
- The dressing can be made several days in advance.
- Dress the slaw just before serving.