Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love blue cheese; and this dressing doesn't have the rich mayonnaise to make me feel guilty about eating it. A very pretty salad.
- Slice the romaine into thin ribbons.
- Slice the red cabbage as thin as you can.
- Toss together in a salad bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients, except blue cheese, in a bowl, until well combined.
- Fold in the cheese.
- The dressing can be made several days in advance.
- Dress the slaw just before serving.
I took great liberties with this salad because I don't have the red cabbage named in the title. I subbed green cabbage that I had on hand, and to perk up the colors, used finely diced red onion instead of the green. I love bleu cheese, and the dressing for this salad really does showcase that flavor. I paired it with Corned Beef Bunwiches for an easy dinner. I have posted a photo, but I am sure that with the proper red cabbage, the salad would be very striking.
I have made this slaw several times just as the recipe says. It is always a hit with family and friends. My son-in-law dislikes mayonnaise, so he really enjoys a different kind of slaw. Be sure to slice the cabbage and lettuce as thin as possible. Good salad for any occasion.
makes a nice refreshing salad/slaw. i tossed the veggies with the blue cheese. the i mixed the rest of the dressing, poured it over the salad, tossed it up and added another handful of crumbled gorgonzola on top, fresh pepper, delish