Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I grabbed this from an 'Easy Home Cooking' booklet I found at my mother's place on my last visit. It sounded good and I am always happy to find a slaw recipe that doesn't include raw onion since I dislike raw onion so much. When I made this I used fat free mayo and splenda and it worked great. I really liked the colours in the dish. Cooking time includes chilling time.
- 2 cups savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot, cut into thin matchstick strips
- 1⁄3 cup apple, cut into thin matchstick strips
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- In large bowl, combine savoy cabbage, carrot, apricot and apple and mix well.
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Just before serving, mix in red cabbage.
Delicious coleslaw even though I skipped the apricots (forgot to buy them) but otherwise followed the directions as written including using light mayo and spenda. Thanks for sharing this delicious coleslaw that was wonderful with fish.