Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious red cabbage cooked in apple juice for extra flavor with little bit of juicy raisins. Great as a side dish with pork or chicken.
- 1 head red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Slice red cabbage thinly.
- Put in medium pot add rest of ingredients except butter.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 45 minutes.
- At the end when is done add butter.
- Can be eaten hot or cold.
We really enjoyed this recipe. It was simple to put together with a touch of sweetness. This was served at room temperature with chicken sausage and potatoes. I will remember this recipe when making red cabbage.