Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
What's not to love? Cheese and bacon! Not sure about dropping 1/2 tsp at a time. Seems really small to me! These are biscuits for the doggie in your family.
- 1 slice bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 118.29 ml cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml cooked rice or 118.29 ml cooked bulgur
- 118.29 ml vegetables, cooked and chopped, grated, mashed (carrot, zucchini or broccoli work well)
- 4.92 ml brewer's yeast
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ingredients and mix thoroughly in medium bowl.
- Drop 1/2 teaspoonful at time onto greased cookie sheet and bake about 8 min, or until set and lightly browned.
- Cool to room temperature and store in airtight container in refrigerator; freeze for longer storage.
My dog-loving friend and I had fun making these! I used rice, and zucchini (my chihuahua even loves it) and 1 oz. recipe-ready bacon pieces. We were tempted to try these ourselves, becauxse they smelled so good!! I have been giving my dog brewer's yeast in her food, so this was perfect for her! She and her doggy friend loved them. I'm taking some to work tomorrow to share with other dog owners. ARF!!!
For the grain, I used bulgur wheat and for the veggie I used zucchini. I didn't have brewer's yeast, so decided to go without it and hope for the best! I got 20 little treats out of this recipe. Eight minutes wasn't long enough, in my oven, to get them nice and browned~it took about 13-15 minutes. After they cooled, I coaxed my Daisy out from under the bed with one of these chewies in hand. She was more than happy to do all her tricks, to get a taste. I gave Daisy two tonight and she seems like one happy doggie. Thanks, for a fun treat for my sweetheart!