Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This version of this pie sounds heavenly. It has pecans in the crust and cuts time by using canned dulce de leche.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans dulce de leche (caramelized sweetened condensed milk)
- 4 large bananas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix crumbs, pecans, butter, and brown sugar.
- With back of a spoon, press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9 1/2 inch springform pan.
- Bake 10 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- Spoon dulce de leche into cooled crust and spread evenly.
- Peel and slice 3 bananas.
- Arrange over filling.
- In a cool bowl, beat cream, sugar, and vanilla until stiff.
- Spread over bananas.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- To serve, peel and slice remaining banana and arrange over cream.
Made this for St. Pat's Day. Everyone was asking for the recipe. They thought it was delicious and not too sweet. Thanks queenkungfu!