Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This version of this pie sounds heavenly. It has pecans in the crust and cuts time by using canned dulce de leche.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans dulce de leche (caramelized sweetened condensed milk)
- 4 large bananas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix crumbs, pecans, butter, and brown sugar.
- With back of a spoon, press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9 1/2 inch springform pan.
- Bake 10 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- Spoon dulce de leche into cooled crust and spread evenly.
- Peel and slice 3 bananas.
- Arrange over filling.
- In a cool bowl, beat cream, sugar, and vanilla until stiff.
- Spread over bananas.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- To serve, peel and slice remaining banana and arrange over cream.