Recipe by JenPo
This came from a restaurant I used to work at- they served it with fish and chicken, and we always used to buy orders on our break. My cooking instructions are different than theirs, as I was a buser and not a cook. I would love to have variation ideas.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was a very tasty dish. I usually roast my red potatoes with olive oil and fresh rosemary from my garden. But using basil was a very nice change of pace. But the roasting time of 10-15 minutes was not enough for me. I needed over 30 minutes, but that could always be a quirk with my oven. Very much a "keeper" of a recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch thick cubes or small wedges, leaving the skin on.
- Spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Mix basil and olive oil in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Brush potatoes with olive oil mixture.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Check with fork for tenderness.
- (outside should be crispy).