Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I get a lot of requests for this - it's addictive!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -3 clove garlic, grated or chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared salsa or 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 1 can goya red beans or 1 can pink beans, undrained
- 1 can goya black beans, undrained
- 1 packet goya sazon goya
- hot cooked rice
- *note:If you or your family are sensitive to MSG, don't use Sazon!
- You can substitute 1 tsp ground cumin, plus some garlic salt, if needed.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and pepper until onion starts to look translucent.
- Add garlic and tomato.
- Stir in both cans of beans and heat to just boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in Sazon (or alternate seasoning).
- Serve over rice.
Sazon Goya has MSG in it.
What a great recipe! I was looking for something to throw together on a lazy weekend day at home. I had all the ingredients on hand except bell pepper, and I also didn't have any canned green chiles, so I ended up just putting in a bit more chunky salsa and cooking it down a bit longer. Still turned out great! Leftovers were super tasty and I will be making this again!
These were really easy for a busy day! I used (extra) salsa instead of opening a new can of tomatoes. I did not have sazon, so used the option instead. Maybe in need of some extra salt and pepper!