Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Everyone who I have ever made this for loves, it. The red berry and the lemon filling blend together so well. The tart is best filled just before you serve it, or the pastry gets a little soggy.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
For the filling
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon curd
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of, grated
- confectioners' sugar, to sweeten (optional)
- 2 cups mixed red berries
- 3 tablespoons red currant jelly
- Sift the flour, corbstarch and confectioner's sugar together, then rub in the butter until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Beat the vanilla into the egg yolks, then mix into the crumbs to make a firm dough, adding cold water if necessary.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 9-inch round tart pan, pressing the dough up the side after trimming. the shell of the tart with a fork and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Line the shell with waxed paper, and baking beans. Place pan on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, removing beans and paper for the last 5 minutes. When cooked, cool and remove the pastry shell from the tart pan.
- Cream the cheese, lemon curd and lemon rind and juice, adding confectioner's sugar to sweeten, if desired. Spread the mixture into the tart shell.
- Top the tart with the fruits. Gently warm the red currant jelly and trickle it over the fruits just before serving.